Young Office Halloween Costume Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You must read the following rules, terms and conditions before submitting any photo entries, and by submitting, acknowledge that you agree to these rules, terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to participate in or win this contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Young Office Environments, Inc. employees and immediate family are not eligible to win the Grand or Fan Favorite Prize. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. GOOD TASTE IS REQUIRED (ALL BODY PARTS MUST BE COVERED APPROPRIATELY).
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Young Office Environments, Inc. (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- CONDITIONS AND METHOD OF ENTRY: By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsor the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, and city of residence. As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by uploading and entering a photo, each entrant warrants and represents that his or her photo complies with the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. Sponsor has final approval of any language or content that appears on its Facebook page and web site and may not promote or endorse third-party products, services, trademarked or registered articles, or language, items or content deemed inappropriate or offensive by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and such images may be deemed inadmissible and corresponding entries may be disqualified. Each photo entry must be submitted electronically, by only one of the following methods:
- Entry in the Contest requires registration on the Facebook custom tab located on the Young Office Facebook page. Individuals 18 years of age or older who have “liked” the page must then go to the “Halloween Costume Contest” tab at the top of the page enter their name, city of residence and upload their photo with a caption as indicated. No purchase is required. Only completed entries will be accepted. By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsor the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, likeness, and city of residence.
- Should entrants 18 years of age or older chose not to use Facebook to submit your Contest photo entry, you may e-mail your photo and caption to email@example.com, and include your name, contact e-mail address, and city of residence in the body of the e-mail. Entries submitted through e-mail that do not include this information will be disqualified. No purchase is required. By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsor the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, likeness, and city of residence.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Online Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Sponsor and their Related Entities and assigns are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend any portion of this Contest (or the entire Contest) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING: Images will be judged on creativity, originality, resourcefulness, composition and acceptable standards of costume design. The judges are a panel of Sponsors staff members. GOOD TASTE IS REQUIRED (ALL BODY PARTS MUST BE COVERED APPROPRIATELY). Sponsor shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Online entries can be uploaded starting 12:00 pm Eastern Time on October 16th, 2015. Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 pm Eastern Time on October 31st, 2015. Winners will be announced on or before November 13, 2015.
- CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and properly claimed. Eligibility, age, and claims made by Prize Winner are subject to verification. Prize(s) will be sent to verified Winner(s) by mail or hand delivered.
- PRIZES AND WINNING PHOTOS: Judges will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Fan Favorite will be determined by online voting as determined by Facebook users. Distribution of the prizes are subject to verification of an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release by the winning entrants. No substitution of prizes is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prizes are nontransferable. All winners are solely responsible for any state and federal taxes on his/her Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Steelcase Think Chair, and Fan Favorite will receive $150.00 Gift Card. Only one Prize will be awarded per photo entry. Prize Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize, and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted, but the Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Prize Winner declines a Prize, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries. If your photo entry is selected as an Fan Favorite or Grand Prize Winner, you grant Sponsor a nonexclusive right to use your name, city, of residence in connection with the Halloween Costume Photo Contest, promotions and other publications and broadcasts and to publish the photos submitted for Sponsors promotional and advertising purposes in any format or medium, including but not limited to the Young Office Environments, Inc. website, publications and presentations, such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, public service announcements, awards, displays, mailings, invitations and paid or non-paid print and broadcast advertising.
- LEGAL CONDITIONS: By entering this contest, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and Related Entities from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States and applicable state and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each entrant in the Contest (“Entrant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos that he or she submits to the Contest per these rules. You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with Young Office Environments, Inc., and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Greenville, South Carolina, which court shall apply the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard for rules of conflicts of law. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest and Sponsors’ web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors or distortions of any photo image. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer online systems, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or for any other cause, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the photo contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address or authorized Facebook account holder (deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook profile) of record at the time of the Contest Period, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address or Facebook account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address of Facebook Account during the Contest Period, by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted entry. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry.
If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition without penalty.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a list of the Winners (available after November 13, 2015), or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by January 15, 2016, to: Young Office Environments, Inc., Halloween Costume Contest Winners, 1280 Ridge Road, Greenville, SC 29607. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer envelope.